Friday, April 23, 2010

all the brilliance . . .


Truth or Dare? I choose Truth...

So, I'm a senior in high school and my mom is tending someone's baby.  I'm down on the floor playing with the baby and all these random toys, mostly from Happy Meals, are laying around.  I pick up these Winnie the Pooh keychains that have the plush character dangling and on the plastic keychain part it has the first letter of each character.  Like, "T" for Tigger, "E" for Eeyore, "P" for Piglet, you know.  So I pick up the Kanga and Roo keychains and, to the baby, I start saying, "'K' for Kanga, 'R' for Roo! 'K' for Kanga, 'R' for Roo!" and DING! A lightbulb goes off and for a split second, I think I am BRILLIANT! But apparently not quite smart enough to think about it before letting my mom know how SMRT I really am. "But wait! Mom! . . ."

Kanga

+

Roo

=

"KANGAROO!! And that's what they are!!!"

My Mom gives me a blank stare, followed by uncontrollable laughter intermixed with snorting.

That's right people, pure brilliance

3 comments:

  1. I love it when I have idiotic realizations like that. I had one like that the other day. When I read your post it was kinda a deja vu. I'm pretty sure I didn't realize that either until a little while ago. I knew Kanga represented it, but I never really put Roo with it. Yeah, good thing we were honors students! :)

    My mom always told me growing up that I needed to eat the crust of my sandwiches because it'd make my hair long and shiny. When I was 17 I had some friends over and they weren't eating their crust. I told them why they should and they just stared at me. Then I realized it was a cruel hoax just to get me to eat my crusts. I always thought my hair was long because of eating my crust...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize that you had a new blog until today. Hooray! I love your posts and you make me laugh. I can't wait to check in on this new blog now. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, that's hilarious! I can see your mom laughing her head off also. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete