Tuesday, May 25, 2010

i start to panic . . .


((confession: i wrote this blog on may 20th, the day before my birthday, and i'm just now posting it.  it's actually ridiculously ironic.  you'll see...))

"Twenty-three is old. It's almost 25, which is like almost mid-twenties."

Well said Jessica Simpson.
I heart her.

Yeah, I said it.  I do. I can't help it.  Maybe it's because I can understand every word that comes out of her mouth. No, seriously, I get it.  The whole "Chicken of the Sea" thing... yeah, Chris was explaining that to me as Nick Lachey was giving her that blank stare. And to be completely honest, I'm still not sure that I get it.  Is it the lamest brand name ever, or is there some hidden genius behind it that I'm missing?

And 25 definitely doesn't feel like mid-twenties.  How could I possibly be in my mid-twenties? I'm only 25! Yeah, I totally get it Jessica. I got your back.

I'm having issues with this birthday.  It's not so much do to the fact that I'm getting older (which bites, don't get me wrong), and more to do with the fact that I feel like I haven't accomplished very many things yet.  There's so much I want to do and want to become.  And I'm already mid-twenties?  Shouldn't I have life at least semi-figured out by now?

So...all that being said, I have decided 25 is going to be a great year! My best year yet, if I can be so bold. Ü  I have plans. Real, honest-to-goodness plans! Which is shocking.  I don't make plans.  Or 24-year-old me didn't, we'll see what 25-year-old me thinks about all this.  I feel a little weird letting people know these plans, but at the same time, I have nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about, so why not?  Plus I think it'll be a good thing.  It might help keep me on track.  I mean, that didn't work whatsoever when I started Body for Life, but this has nothing to do with food and cutting me off from sugar, so it's got to be somewhat successful, right? Lay off! I'm starving!!!!  Plus, it would be nice to inspire at least one person with something, no matter how small. So here goes, you still with me?! Each of these goals starts from the big day tomorrow until the big day next year (26?! hold me.)

Goal #1: Take one picture every single day. 
Goal #2: Do something active every single day.
Goal #3: Do something nice for myself every single day.
Goal #4:  Do something nice for Chris every single day. 
Goal #5: Do something nice for someone else every single day.
Goal #6: Do or try something new every single day.
Goal #7: Write something, anything, every single day.

Is it just me or is "every single day" starting to look funny?  I made these goals a month ago and since then I think about them and feel completely overwhelmed and wonder what I was thinking.  And truth be told, I started out with 6, but my OCD kicked in and was utterly appalled by the even number.  I didn't want to cut one out, so I added one.  I really wonder if it's even possible to do all those things in one day.  But then I remember there is a lot of time in one day! And if I need to stay up an hour later than my 8:00 bedtime (I'm kidding! ...Mostly.) to get one of them done, then I lose an hour of sleep and I'm pretty sure that won't kill me.  Although, if I'm wrong, that sucks. Ü   In between feeling overwhelmed though, I feel excited, I feel motivated, and I feel challenged.

As if this post weren't long enough, I have one more thing I'm doing.
101 Things in 1001 Days
Pretty self-explanatory.  Choose 101 things you want to do and do it in 1001 days! So mine starts tomorrow and will end February 15, 2013. (Assuming 2012 was just a really entertaining movie and not fact.)  I haven't nearly finished my list, it'll be a work in progress for a little bit!

Both projects are listed up at the top of my blog! Check in on me!

Plans...huh.  It's new.  Here's to turning 25!

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday!!! I love your goals...I can't wait to hear how it goes! P.S. How do you make every post so hilarious?!?!

    ReplyDelete