Tuesday, April 13, 2010

garth freakin' brooks . . .

So before this weekend, I just kinda like Garth Brooks. He was a little too country for me.  But after this weekend, I'm in love!!  Seriously, I have never seen anything like it.  The hubby's friend took us and his brother and his wife to Vegas for the weekend for their birthdays to see him. (THANKS JIMMY!!! Ü ) I had goosebumps the ENTIRE show.  This guy is hilarious, brilliant, incredible, sexy...pretty much the most awesome person ever! (I still love you husband!) We were on the 4th row, like 20 feet away from him!  I have never experienced something so cool.  Trisha Yearwood came out for a few songs and I was blown away by her too!  She has an AMAZING voice.  Who are these people?!  I would give anything to be able to sing like that! 

Us with Garth's Guitar!!!!!



(don't mind how I look 6 and a half months pregnant or how we all look possessed in this shot, it was a harmless trip to Vegas, I swear.)

So the show was awesome.  It was just him and his guitar playing accoustic the whole time.  Which is really the best way to play music, methinks.  I didn't take that first picture because they told us if we even pulled out a cell phone we'd get kicked out, but he wore pretty much that same thing. A blue hoodie, jeans that looked like they just got pulled out of a suitcase and a baseball hat. Apparently I'm attracted to pint-size, chubby guys that sing and don't give a crap what anyone thinks. (not really, it just works for him.)  He told the story of how he got started and who influenced him and played a bunch of old songs from like Simon and Garfunkel and Billy Joel.  It was seriously just plain amazing and we will definitely be going back while he's still down there! 
I LOVE YOU GARTH!!! Ü

3 comments:

  1. How fun. I want to go, that sounded like a lot of fun. By the way, where have you been. I haven't seen you guys in along time. Did you move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh!!! SO JEALOUS!!! Sounds AMAZING! P.S. you look SO gorgeous in all your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I found your blog from Tabitha's! Looks like you guys had an amazing time! I told Jimmy I would have loved to have been his date! Hope you guys are doing good. It's been forever!

    ReplyDelete