Thursday, June 3, 2010

mmmmm . . .

For Young Women's last night, we had camp certification.  I was in charge of treats and I was DYING to try to make some s'more cupcakes, fitting for camp right?  Anyway, I took a bunch of different things from a bunch of different recipes and made my own little experiment...

These are my "Please Sir, Can I Have S'more" cupcakes.  Ü

First I started by mixing graham crackers, brown sugar and melted butter (exact measurements? who knows? I always get teased for just throwing stuff in!) and smashed a little into each cupcake cup...


Then I baked in for 4-5ish minutes.

Then I put in a scoop of chocolate batter (I used the Darn Good Chocolate Cake recipe by the Cake Doctor(I think). It's delish.) Then I put in a few mini marshmallows. (I'm totally changing the spelling of that word. From now on, it will be marshmEllows because that's how you say it. Amen.)


Then I put in another scoop of chocolate batter and topped it with more of the graham cracker mixture...


And the finished product...


yuuummmm! (Side note: good thing my baking skills are semi-up to par because my photography skills? Not so much. Please just pretend it's in focus so I don't have this embarrassed look on my face? Thanks.)

Okay, so they weren't totally finished because I had to add flair!


Seriously?  I was rather proud.  At this point, I was all, even if they don't taste good, I get points for the cuteness right?? So of course I let the girl's taste test them first because hey, if someone is going to die, it shouldn't be the maker of the cupcakes. Ü  Anyway, they went over really well, they loved them, the dad and husband liked them... so then I decided it was safe and I finally tasted one.  The best part? The top part of the cupcake with a little marshmellow frosting and the graham cracker crumbs.  The even better part?  They were tasty and I made them!  I have issues and am rather accident-prone and clumsy, so when I do something right, it's a relief!  Ü


Don't they just look like soldiers at the ready?! Prepared to make stomachs everywhere smile?!

No? You can't see it?  Here, I'll help...

hahahahaha!  I have a feeling I might be the only one who thinks that funny, but I serious can't help thinking it's hilarious!  Don't even ask how long I spent--at work--doing this. (So worth it!)

5 comments:

  1. YUMMMM!!!! I think you need to teach me how to bake and be creative. Deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, AMAZING!!! I'm so impressed. I wish I was still in YW so I could taste test them. I am going to second Aubrey's comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!!!! I LOVE the marshmellow (I agree with your spelling) soldiers!!! I love you! Those really look amazing and you've totally created an un-dying craving for s'more cupcakes in me.

    P.S. I totally agree there should be a girl's weekend! Are you not going to NYC for the wedding? Dan probably can't make it, but I might be able to come up...I'm only like 2 hrs away on the train.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AH!! You have a blog!! And these look delish! I might have to try! How the heck are you? What are you doing? Where are you living?! I live a very boring life...just normal haha! I would love to caught up with you! BrittSchaef@gmail.com. Love ya, Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So needed a good laugh this morning... !!! I was looking for something to take for teachers appreciation day... on Friday... this will be perfect...!!! Thanks... I am even gonna try to make the little helmets you computer generated... ;-P because we are the Spartans of Saraland, AL... I will take pics... ;-)

    ReplyDelete